Mass Effect: Genesis 2
|Release Date||April 2nd, 2013|
Mass Effect: Genesis 2 is a DLC for Mass Effect 3, released on April 2nd, 2013. Mass Effect: Genesis 2 is an interactive backstory comic, created to fill the role of the first two games in the series for new players. Mass Effect: Genesis 2 is available for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Mass Effect: Genesis 2 Information
An interactive comic that fills the roles of both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 to new players for the series. It introduces them to the story, as well as allowing them to make some major plot decisions, that can be transferred to the third game and have an impact on its outcome.
Mass Effect: Genesis 2 Content & Major Plot decisions
Mass Effect: Genesis 2 allows you to make six choices from each of the prequels. These decisions have ramifications in Mass Effect 3, experimenting with them may open new branching paths.
- Who became Commander Shepard's love interest?
- Did Commander Shepard free or destroy the Rachni Queen on Noveria?
- Did Urdnot Wrex survive Virmire or not?
- Who was left behind on Virmire, Ashley Williams or Kaidan Alenko?
- What happens to the Citadel Council during the Battle of the Citadel? Did Commander Shepard save the Council or not?
- Who does Commander Shepard endorse to represent humanity on the Council, David Anderson or Donnel Udina?
Mass Effect 2
- How many Companions did Commander Shepard recruit?
- Did Commander Shepard resolve or ignore the conflicts between some squadmates?
- Did Commander Shepard remained true to friends from the original Mass Effect, or decided to move on?
- Did Commander Shepard go through the Omega 4 Relay immediately to rescue the Normandy crew?or decided to upgrade the ship first?
- Did Commander Shepard started a new romance?
- At the Collector base, did Commander Shepard destroy it or spare it?
Although these decisions are incredibly relevant to the franchise, there are many left out, that don't appear when you are making your choices through the interactive comic. Note that if you import a save file from Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3, you cannot use Mass Effect: Genesis 2.
- The Romance options for Miranda Lawson and Jacob Taylor are locked away, unless you choose the "Move on" option instead of staying tru to Old Friends. Meanwhile, Jack and Thane Krios are not available at all.
- The decision to prepare the ship or rescue the crew immediately determines whether Kelly Chambers, Kenneth Donnelly, and Gabriella Daniels appear.
- Some minor characters are not mentioned at all.
- Captain Kirrahe is considered dead during the Virmire events in the original Mass Effect.
- If Genesis is used to recall actions from the prequels, both Kasumi Goto and Zaeed Massani will not appear in Mass Effect 3.
Notes and tips
- Notes and tips go here